Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Octopus Pie

I like the art in Octopus Pie. It's cute and simple and reminds me of the style of Scott Pilgrim. I think that online comics sometimes are more interesting because I feel that there is no censorship. Also it helps that they are easy access. I like the roommate paring of the pessimistic with the care free optimistic hippie chick. It's a classic comedic paring of total opposites. I also like how in this comic the characters change their appearances. Usually a cartoon character will have the same clothes on the entire series. But in Octopus Pie the characters change their daily wardrobes and the men actually shave and grow facial hair. Actually it's funny that the hippie girls boyfriend shaved after he got a big beard then started growing it again. that is exactly what i do. I can't help but smile every time I look at that guy. It's so cute and funny the way he is drawn. He has a big beard and bangs covering his eyes so his face is just a nose and a mouth. But besides the way it is drawn. I think this is the best comic I read so far this semester. It's funny and cute, and makes a great sit com. If i wasn't reading this online I think I would be watching it on tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment