Monday, October 29, 2012

Manga

When it comes to Anime/ Manga I am very indecisive. As an Illustrator am told that Anime is a dirty word. However, I don't think that it is. It is easy to copy characters and as a young artist to learn how to draw the human form. I used to draw Anime characters all the time when I was in middle school. However, I really don't like that much Anime. I feel that most the time it goes too fast, its too over the top and too out there. I tried watching more Anime shows and reading manga outside the Amereican mainstream. I didn't really like anything. The only shows/ comix I liked are Sailor Moon and Miyazaki films. I find the story telling style to be more relaxed. I also liked a short Anime called Gravitation and that was a yaoi animation. I read some of the Yaoi on the website. And I have to say as a gay man I eat that stuff up. I wish that more comics in America or even shows featured gay male drama a little more at least. Even though these comix are mainly focused an women readers I like them more than the gay manga comix for men. Because I like the romance of yaoi. It is very passionate, romantic, and intimate. Where as the men's comix are all about sex. Which is boring. Most yaoi doesn't even have sex, but if it does, it isn't graphic at all. If the characters don't have sex, it is a better story. To quote Andy Warhol, "The most exciting thing is not doing it. If you fall in love with someone and never do it, it’s much more exciting." Which I think might be true to a point. I don't think never doing it is out of the question. I mean come on we are all human. But I think waiting for the perfect moment or the right time for sex is definitely is more exciting, it's more romantic. What's the fun in just doing it? Where's the chase? Where are the feelings, where is the story? 

No comments:

Post a Comment